Environmental Policy Statement
Metro Shipping Ltd accepts its responsibilities in environmental matters and recognises that good environmental management must be an integral and fundamental part of our business.
Carbon emissions and environmental impact and protection are very much a focus for our business and our associated businesses.
At Top Management Level Metro Shipping ensures that its business strategy is aligned with the scope of its EMS in our commitment of the protection of the environment.
As a freight forwarding company, office based (SME) with approximately 200 staff Metro Shipping Ltd is committed to continually improve its environmental performance by:
- Complying with the requirements of applicable environmental legislation and other requirements
- Assessing the environmental effects of business operations and preventing pollution for the protection of the environment
- Raising environmental awareness to our staff and encouraging their participation and training them where required
- Consideration and commitment to Life cycle stages of aspects that are under our control in line with sustainability
- Offering our clients greener alternatives based on those that are available for the specific transport mode/move
- Working with suppliers and partners that can demonstrate they are taking the global climate and environmental situation very seriously
- Reducing high fuel, services and analysing the shortest route to market and using technology to further enhance performance and reduce environmental impact
- Prevention of waste and actively promoting reuse and recycling internally
- Conserving natural resources through increased energy efficiency
- Regular management of water quality to maintain a healthy environment whilst monitoring and reducing water consumption
- Managing and Improving air quality naturally around the office environment along with a robust cleaning regime, regular maintenance of air conditioning and heating system and use of indoor plants
- Measuring carbon emissions generated in the movement of freight by all modes of transportation on behalf of our client base and supply chain coupled with Offset solutions to reduce environmental impact
- Calculate our operational carbon footprint with reference to the GHG Protocol Corporate Standard
- Contributing to environmental projects that Offset our carbon emissions enabling us to become Carbon Neutral
- Commit to continual improvement by setting objectives with targets and management programmes, monitoring progress and reviewing performance annually
- This policy will be communicated to all persons working for and on behalf of the company and is available to the public via our company website