We have received a Port Notification regarding Storm Ciara, which is expected to bring severe winds and heavy rain across the UK from midday Saturday 08.02.20 until Tuesday 11.02.20.
Widespread travel disruption is expected as a result of gusts reaching 80-100 km per hour, up to 80mm of rain, and coastal areas facing high waves and flooding. We expect this will impact road, rail, ocean and air cargo activities.
Port closures are expected across Sunday and Monday, and we are working closely with our hauliers and supply chain partners to mitigate impacts on shipments. Port operations are expected to be impacted from Saturday afternoon, including reduced activity levels and stoppages throughout the day.
The following port updates have been received, Felixstowe will also be impacted:
· Extended opening hours extended for Saturday 08.02.20
· VBS released for the PM slot for Saturday 08.02.20
London Gateway (LGP):
· Last available VBS booking on Saturday 08.02.20 will be 14.00 – 15.00
· The next available booking will be on Tuesday 06.00 – 07.00
· Unused VBS bookings have been removed from booking system
· Additional bookings will be returned to the booking system if normal operations can be resumed
We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and are reviewing updates from the Met Office, port authorities, hauliers and shipping partners.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or require further details.