Metro Shipping Limited (“We”, “our” and “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Metro Shipping Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 1487078 and having its registered office at Eclipse House, 2700 The Crescent, Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham, B37 7YE.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.metroshipping.co.uk (our “Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to any service, posting material or requesting further services. may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that our service content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.