Environmental Policy Statement
Metro Shipping Ltd accepts its responsibilities in environmental matters and recognises that good environmental management must be an integral and fundamental part of our business. At Top Management level Metro Shipping ensures that its business strategy is aligned with the scope of its EMS in our commitment of the protection of the environment.
As a freight forwarding company, office based (SME) with approximately 140 staff Metro Shipping Ltd is committed to continually improve its environmental performance by:
- Complying with the requirements of applicable environmental legislation and other requirements
- Assessing the environmental effects of business operations and preventing pollution for the protection of the environment
- Raising environmental awareness to our staff and encourage their participation and train them where required
- Consideration and commitment to Life cycle stages of aspects that are under our control in line with sustainability.
- Actively promoting recycling internally
- Conserving natural resources through increased energy efficiency
- Commit to continual improvement by setting objectives with targets and management programmes, monitoring progress and reviewing performance annually
- This policy will be communicated to all persons working for and on behalf of the company and is available to the public via our company website
ISO 14001 Accreditation