Environmental Policy Statement
Metro Shipping Ltd accepts its responsibilities in environmental matters and recognises that good environmental management must be an integral and fundamental part of our business.
At Top Management level Metro Shipping ensures that its business strategy is aligned with the scope of its EMS in our commitment of the protection of the environment.
As a freight forwarding company, office based (SME) with approximately 120 staff Metro Shipping Ltd is committed to continually improve its environmental performance by:
- Complying with the requirements of applicable environmental legislation and other requirements
- Assessing the environmental effects of business operations and preventing pollution for the protection of the environment
- Raising environmental awareness to our staff and encourage their participation and train them where required
- Actively promoting recycling internally
- Conserving natural resources through increased energy efficiency
- Commit to continual improvement by setting objectives with targets and management programmes, monitoring progress and reviewing performance annually
ISO 14001 Accreditation